Marketing & Philanthropy Manager
Marketing & Philanthropy Manager
The Marketing & Philanthropy Manager will manage a portfolio of qualified annual fund prospects, encouraging continued and enhanced annual giving, reengage donors, and acquiring new donors, including alumni and friends of the College. In addition, manage the marketing function and a small portfolio of major gift prospects. Travel and occasional weekend and evening activities will be necessary to support personal, face-to-face visits with prospects and donors.
- Manage a small portfolio of Major Gift prospects and closely collaborate with the entire development team on major gift strategies.
- Continuously manage and refine an annual fund donor portfolio.
- Plan and implement annual gift cultivation and solicitation resulting in 200 personal face-to-face visits each year with annual fund donors. This includes (but is not limited to) securing appointments, creating correspondence and proposals, and initiating effective follow-up communication with donors.
- Establish gift targets, matching prospect interests, and plan annual gift development strategies at the $1,000 level and higher.
- Input timely, contact reports within the Raiser’s Edge database documenting communication with donors and outcomes of visits and solicitations.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure donors are appropriately engaged, solicited, and stewarded.
Marketing: Engage our community with compelling messages through diverse communication channels.
· Enhance our web presence and optimize our social media/digital communications efforts to better engage and retain support from faculty, alumni, community partners, donors and other stakeholders.
· Update and enhance foundation communication materials across both print and digital platforms.
· Create consistent communication pieces with our donors and prospects (e.g., newsletters, donor recognition events, website updates, thank you letters, etc.)
- Secure financial resources through grants and appeals, which will support the foundation’s programs and services.
- Assist with the planning and execution of events, including the scholarship breakfast, distinguished alumni awards, legacy donor recognitions and/or other events.
- Support Madison College Foundation’s and Madison College’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in annual fundraising and/or similar non-profit development or constituent outreach programs. Other experience, including sales, marketing and customer service, deemed equivalent and relevant.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate gift opportunities to donors in a face-to-face visit and make the “ask.”
- Passionate about the Mission of Madison College and Madison College Foundation.
- Commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while giving appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to build and nurture effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and donors.
- High motivation for success, goal driven, and results oriented.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as with a team.
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with development and/or database software. Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
How to Apply:
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Resume and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com