The Membership Assistant will support Olbrich Botanical Society’s fundraising success by ensuring timely and accurate processing of donations and supporting membership drive operations. Hours will peak during times of high workload, for an average of 8-12 hours per week over the course of the year. The schedule for daily work hours is negotiable and flexible within regular business hours, Monday through Friday. Times of high workload may include occasional weekend or evening hours. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a shared workspace, communicate positively, and appreciate the operations and mission of non-profit work.
Data Processing (85%)
- Direct Mail Receipt Entry
- Accurately enter membership dues and donations.
- Monitor direct mail schedule for timely data entry.
- Review member and donor contact information and make updates as necessary.
- Infer and make decisions on donor intent when vague or unclear on reply forms.
- Follow protocol for security of personal information.
- Process matching gifts and donations made through alternative giving platforms as requested.
- Make data entry updates to database based on NCOA and e-mail marketing reports.
General Membership Program Support (10%)
• Prepare timely membership materials and acknowledgements.
• Fulfill donation requests from non-profits looking for fundraising support.
Other duties as assigned (5%)
COMPENSATION: The expected pay for this position is $14 - $15 per hour; actual pay will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To view full job description, please visit http://olbrich.org/about/jobs.cfm
How to Apply:
Open until filled. To apply, please email ALL of the following items to Joe Vande Slunt at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Olbrich Botanical Society, 3330 Atwood Avenue, Madison, WI 53704, ATTN: Joe Vande Slunt
1. A detailed resume.
2. A brief narrative (1 page or less) outlining how your experience compares to the job duties, essential functions and qualifications for this position.
3. The completed Olbrich Botanical Society employment application, which can be downloaded by clicking here.
Direct inquiries to: Joe Vande Slunt, Director of Development, email@example.com – No phone calls, please.
Prior to appointment to this position, a criminal records review will be conducted. Olbrich Botanical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.