Major Gifts Officer -Madison, WI
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The major gifts officer is responsible for identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of individual major donors and major donor prospects in the southwest region. This position will also support fundraising for Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline plus a minimum of five - seven years of relevant fund development or fundraising experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience with a capital campaign or other special fundraising campaigns highly desired
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and develop strong and engaged relationships with current major donors and develop new relationships through cultivation and prospecting opportunities via one-on-one visits, small groups and other meaningful contacts.
- Work closely and strategically with CEO, other senior staff, board members and volunteers to engage them in key processes: major donor identification, research, cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation, as appropriate. Manage all of these processes.
- Sustain and expand financial contributions from donors and prospects.
- Develop and implement a strategy for cultivation of both major donors and prospects.
- As part of the above strategy, develop and implement a year-round communications plan for ongoing face to face, phone and email contact with key donors, prospects and volunteers.
- Represent PPWI at key community events, using these opportunities as public relations, cultivation and/or prospecting opportunities.
- Manage key volunteer efforts as needed, serving as liaison, and resource/support.
- Work closely with other development staff to coordinate and integrate major gifts work with the Annual Campaign, Capital Campaign, Planned Giving and Grant seeking efforts.
- Help to plan and implement special events including the annual Share Our Vision event.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
To express your interest in the Major Gifts Officer - Madison position and to be considered, please provide your current resume and cover letter on our careers page.
The direct link to apply : https://jobs.lever.co/ppwi/062110ed-466f-4c01-930e-1a6166ce4d68
· References will not be contacted until a candidate has been notified.
· Background checks will subsequently be performed,with candidate permission, and are required to be hired for this position.
· All inquiries and interactions with potential candidates are kept in confidence.
PPWI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.