Individual Giving Officer
SUMMARY OF JOB SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will initially be primarily responsible for the portfolio of donors at and below the $2,500 level. It is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position with an anticipated wage of $25–$30/hour. A comprehensive benefits package is also available.
This is only a summary of the position responsibilities and qualifications. For a full position description, please visit http://www.madisonchildrensmuseum.org/development-job.
1. INDIVIDUAL GIVING (60%)
- Design and implement the annual individual giving strategy for donors at and below the $2,500 level; Increase the number of donors; Collaborate improve overall donor retention rates; Create and execute a strategy to increase giving from smaller donors.
- Build and strength relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Analyze individual giving patterns, appeal response rates, and ROI to make data-driven changes to the annual campaign strategy.
2. STEWARDSHIP (20%)
- Participate in a collaboration with MCM’s marketing team to develop and advance the museum’s communication strategy to ensure stewardship and cultivation efforts are supported.
- Write, design, and produce materials for regular touch points with donors.
3. PROSPECT RESEARCH (10%)
- With director of development, identify major and planned giving prospects.
- Recommend how to prioritize identified prospects and the associated next steps.
4. DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATION & OTHER (10%)
- Oversee training of front-line staff on organization gift policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as necessary to accomplish the museum’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with
- 3+ years of demonstrated fundraising success in a nonprofit environment.
- Experience with Blackbaud Altru, or a similar database product.
- Upbeat, creative, and collaborative team player with a professional demeanor.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter, resume, one (1) writing sample, and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF file format only. For best consideration, apply by Tuesday, March 14, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.