The Grant Writer is responsible for the grants process from prospecting to proposal writing and submission, to creating a grants calendar of funders to annual reporting of outcomes. This position helps capture impact, quantitatively and qualitatively, in collaboration with leadership and program teams. The Grant Writer will secure supplemental funding for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects from foundations and other funders for Catholic Charities programs and related entities. She/he is a member of the Development and Communications team.
POSITION TITLE: GRANT WRITER
(Regular / Exempt / Salaried / Part Time 25 hrs weekly)
REPORTS TO: Director of Development & Communications
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES / JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research grant opportunities to identify potential funding sources for specific projects and programs.
- Work with Program Directors and Finance Department to compile necessary data and financials.
- Create, monitor and maintain a grants management system, including electronic files, and calendar of activities.
- Create annual grant proposal and report templates.
- Write and submit proposals, Letters of Intent (LOIs) and required grant reports.
- Write clear, concise, articulate, and persuasive proposals in a timely manner.
- Communicate funder guidelines and requirements to Program, Finance, Marketing and Development.
- Position works collaboratively with the Director of Development & Communications, Director of Finance, Program Directors, members of the Development Team and Finance Team.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and continuing education.
- Initiate relationships with foundation and corporate grant contacts and help connect with internal agency leadership.
REQUIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or journalism preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of one year’s experience in grant writing and prospect research
- Outstanding organizational, research, writing and verbal communication, and time management skills
- Background in nonprofit preferred
- Self-driven, goal-oriented and results-driven
- Ability to plan and manage projects and track funders
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, maintain strong relationships and work independently
- Knowledge of local foundations/funders preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, spreadsheets and Internet research; donor database experience helpful
- Strong work ethic, integrity, interpersonal skills, and professionalism
- Preferred candidates will have experience securing grants ranging from $500 to $25,000
- Commitment to Catholic Charities Mission of Providing Caring, Compassionate Services to the Poor and Vulnerable
How to Apply:
Apply Online at https://catholiccharitiesofmadison.mitcawm.com/jobs/312733.html