The Gift Officer will participate as a valued member of the Edgewood College Office of Institutional Advancement, reporting to the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement. The Gift Officer will manage a portfolio of qualified annual fund prospects, encouraging continued and enhanced annual giving, reengaging benefactors, and acquiring new benefactors, including alumni, parents, and friends of the College. Travel and occasional weekend and evening activities will be necessary to achieve outreach and visit objectives with prospects and benefactors.
- Meet explicit performance objectives around personal outreach, visits, and solicitations.
- Continuously manage and refine an annual giving benefactor portfolio.
- Establish gift targets, matching prospect interests, and plan annual gift development strategies at the $1,000 level and higher.
- Plan and implement annual gift cultivation and solicitation strategies with benefactors. This includes (but is not limited to) securing appointments, creating correspondence and proposals, and initiating effective follow-up communication with benefactors.
- Provide timely, written reports regarding the outcome of cultivation and solicitation actions in the form of contact reports, moves management, and revisions within Raisers Edge database.
- Participate in the prospect tracking and management process in alignment with established procedures, including participation in strategy meetings.
- Collaborate with the Advancement Staff on special projects and ensure benefactors are appropriately engaged, solicited, and stewarded.
- Represent the college at public functions and events, including social and professional gatherings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
To see the full job description, click here.
How to Apply:
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –GIOF
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer