Donor Relations Director - Capital Area Command
The Donor Relations Director (DRD) plays an integral role in the success of the Division’s fund development efforts, specifically through ongoing and proactive relationship management, strategic communications, written plans, gift cultivation and solicitation activity. The DRD acts as the primary contact between The Salvation Army and the assigned caseload, with an emphasis on securing gifts of $5,000 and higher, increasing major gifts to The Salvation Army while retaining and strengthening existing giving.
- Establishes, manages and fulfills a caseload communications plan, including individual fund raising goals and personalized strategies, to effectively steward, educate, cultivate and solicit gifts from major donors each fiscal year, with an emphasis on gifts of $5,000 and higher.
- Manages a caseload of 150 or more qualified major donors. Maintains and seeks to engage with an additional prospective donors as assigned, following a communications plan that is specific to each donor and prospect.
- Meets agreed upon activity and income production goals both monthly and annually. Is purposeful about every visit and communication as well as the desired outcome for each of these “touchpoints.”
- Follows best practices in one-to-one solicitation, gift acknowledgement and stewardship communication to, establish and maintain excellent donor relations. Provides written proposals to major gift prospects as needed, including Army staff and/or volunteer leadership as appropriate.
- Meets regularly with immediate supervisor and territorial major gifts management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in non-profit management, organizational management, marketing, business administration, or related area.
Experience: Five years of experience in a non-profit fundraising role with a proven track record of major gifts success. Capital Campaign experience helpful Or – Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully fundraise.
Skills: Must embrace, support and reflect well on The Salvation Army’s mission and values through one’s professional responsibilities and behavior at all times.
How to Apply:
Please apply on the following link: For complete listing and to apply go to: https://careers-uscsalvationarmy.icims.com/jobs/17030/development-relations-director---capital-area-command/job?mobile=false&width=1321&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300