Director of Development
The River Food Pantry, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Director of Development to realize bold goals and implement a strategic vision for a thriving organization known for its innovative approach to ending hunger and its compelling history of service. The organization is in Madison, Wisconsin, and serves all of Dane County with food and household stability programs designed to provide clients with longer-term solutions to pressing concerns.
The Director of Development will work closely with the CEO, an experienced leadership team, and an engaged Board of Directors to ensure that the organization has enough resources to carry out its mission and advance its vision.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare and implement an annual plan for the development program to achieve the charitable giving objectives and strategic plan goals of the organization
- Organize and implement an ongoing major and planned giving program to include engaging the CEO, key staff and Board members in the solicitation process and securing major gifts from a portfolio of top prospects
- Oversee grant solicitations and foundation relations
- Establish and oversee policies and procedures needed to conduct an effective fund development program and campaign infrastructure
- Serve as the principal architect for comprehensive campaign efforts
- Manage and oversee the budget for the development program
- Work with the CEO and other organizational leaders in planning for the successful future of the organization
- Authentically reflect and portray the mission and core values of The River
- Local travel, some evenings and weekends, and participation in a variety of constituent events is expected
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of effective fundraising experience and development leadership, preferably with organizations involved in substantial growth
- History of success in soliciting and securing major gifts is required, with preference given to candidates with experience in planning and managing comprehensive and/or capital campaigns
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of all areas of development, including annual, major, and planned gifts, donor relations, development services, and communications
- Persuasive oral and written communication skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Passion for the mission of The River
Salary and benefits
Salary DOE, paid time off, health, dental, vision and life insurance; retirement savings.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, current resume and three references to Bob Garrison, HR Manager, at HR@riverfoodpantry.org. Applications received prior to Friday, March 27, 2020, will receive priority review.
The River Food Pantry is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. The River values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment as defined by federal, state and local law.