Director of Development, College of Letters & Science
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the University of Wisconsin-Madison is seeking a development professional to help develop and implement a major gifts program benefitting a new program in the School of Computer, Data & Information Sciences (CDIS) in the College of Letters & Science (L&S) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The Director of Development will be responsible for qualifying, cultivating and soliciting major gift prospects with a primary focus on Computer Science, but also including select prospects from Statistics and the Information School. This position will also have a geographic focus on San Francisco and Seattle for these departments and the College generally. Final appointment will be made at the Associate Director, Director or Senior Director level depending on experience and qualifications.
This is a challenging, exciting and meaningful full-time position involving travel. WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k employer contribution after 1 year of service!
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Ability to articulate the case for private support with sufficient effectiveness so that individuals understand the vision and strategy of the College and choose to invest in the vision;
- Ability to work independently, in addition to as a member of an effective development team;
- Experience and demonstrated success in fundraising or related activities;
- Ability to meet travel requirements (@25%).
Check out this opportunity and others @ www.advanceuw.org