The Development Manager, Special Events is responsible for developing and executing effective fundraising, donor recruitment and development strategies for the Affiliate in the Madison area. This position requires an ability to build strong relationships with event sponsors, participants, vendors and volunteers. This individual is committed to the Susan G Komen mission and will be instrumental in growing revenue for special events across south central Wisconsin.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for peer to peer fundraising, donor recruitment, cultivation and activation, leading Komen’s events (More Than Pink Walk, BigWigs, Third Party) and meeting the revenue goals in the Madison market.
• Implements best practices for event revenue growth, drives and encourages creativity and innovation in securing new sponsorships for the More Than Pink Walk and BigWigs.
• Generate revenue and maximize return on investment from peer to peer events.
• Monitors financial expenditures and progress against budget and takes appropriate measures to meet top line and bottom line goals ensuring a high ROI in meeting revenue targets.
• Engages, recruits, trains and manages relationships with community volunteers to ensure successful events execution (More Than Pink Walk, Big Wigs, Third Party and Cause Marketing events).
• Manage volunteers and interns to ensure successful events execution.
• Engages the community to drive increased event participation, including event committee, teams, team members, sponsors, those impacted by breast cancer and youth.
• Promote Komen’s mission, bold goal and key initiatives.
• Leverages opportunities to engage constituents from corporate sponsors, Komen Wisconsin Breast Cancer Assistance fund recipients, Metastatic Breast Cancer conference attendees and community partners through event sponsorship and participation.
• Utilizes tracking systems such as Convio and Salesfoce to maximize data anaylsis to drive strategy and results. • Facilitates volunteer recruitment, retention and ensures meaningful volunteer recognition for More Than Pink Walk. • Manage logistics of affiliate events as assigned by Executive Director. • Comply with Komen HQ’s standards and practices, the Race Agreement, Affiliate Policies, contract expectations and procedures for soliciting vendor bids. • All other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
For consideration, send a cover letter and resume to: Nikki Panico, Executive Director Nikki@KomenWisconsin.org