This position is responsible for organizational fundraising as well as marketing and communications strategy, including but not limited to: grant writing, donor development, corporate relations, capital campaign, annual appeals, public awareness and fundraising events, online fundraising, and organizational marketing/communications strategy and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work in partnership with the Executive Director to implement engaging and meaningful fund development and communications strategy
• Research grant opportunities to learn more about funder priorities, preferences and requirements
• Create, maintain and update annual grant calendar
• Prepare, write and submit grant proposals; monitor and track responses; and respond to inquiries
• Work with the capital campaign team to raise $3.5 million dollars for Bayview’s redevelopment which includes a new community center, placemaking, and energy efficient features.
• Assist in the development of an efficient and effective system to gather quantitative and qualitative data and program/project documentation to share with stakeholders
• Assist in the preparation of reports and evaluation documentation
• Develop, coordinate and implement integrated communications and social media plan
• Assist with creation of promotional materials including organizational brochure, flyers, electronic newsletter, website, and social media platforms
• Develop annual fundraising letter campaigns and reports; coordinate mailings
• Coordinate donor prospect research and build electronic contacts database
• Ensure timely follow-up and regular correspondence to funders, sponsors and partners to maintain strong communication and positive relationships
• Manage a minimum of two annual events aimed at increasing awareness and interest in Bayview
• Participate in Community Shares of Wisconsin meetings and manage membership commitments
• Manage media relations, write press releases and follow-up on coverage
• Provide staffing support to board of directors Marketing and Fundraising Committee
Bayview Foundation, Inc. www.bayviewfoundation.org 608-256-7808
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• At least three years of work experience in the areas of fundraising, grant writing, donor development and relationship building within non-profits
• At least two years of experience in the areas of communications and marketing
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Exceptionally strong writing skills, with emphasis on quick, succinct, well-written, and grammatically correct writing
• Ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships
• A demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, organize time, set priorities and take initiative
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse, community-based environment
• Commitment to social justice and racial equity
• Computer Skills/Software: Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google mail, documents, sheets and calendars; and database programs; Graphic design software a plus, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with program participants and information
• Possession of valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Salary and benefits: $46,000-$50,000 depending upon experience. Includes health care coverage, paid time off and 403b retirement plan.
How to Apply:
Submit the following application materials to Bayview Foundation, Inc., 601 Bayview, Madison, WI 53715 or email email@example.com. Application packets must include the following:
2) Cover letter describing your experience and qualifications
Please indicate that you are applying for the “Development Manager” position in the subject line of the email.
Preference will be given to applications received by September 14, 2020. No phone calls.