Wisconsin Literacy, Inc. (WL), the leading state adult and family literacy agency in Wisconsin, seeks an Associate Director to help fulfill its mission to change lives by strengthening literacy statewide. It does this by offering training, professional development, resources, and advocacy to 70+ adult and family literacy agencies. WL also supports a division, Wisconsin Health Literacy (WHL), which works to improve how people access, understand and act upon health information and services by promoting clear communication between individuals and health care.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director has both internal and external facing responsibilities. The Associate Director partners closely with the Executive Director to chart WL’s planned response to organizational opportunities and challenges and plays a critical role as strategic thought-partner for the Executive Director.
The Associate Director also works to create high engagement from staff, board, member organizations, and other partners and to resolve day-to-day issues before they reach the Executive Director. The Associate Director contributes to shaping and implementing the organization’s strategy, including oversight of staff, member services and programs, operations, communications, and grants management of state and federal funding.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership of program staff by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of their purpose, role, and contribution to the organization and its mission
- Ensure WL’s external programming and internal culture, policies, and practices align with the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Promote adult and family literacy and the work of WL’s member agencies through
- relationship building, communications, presentations, and WL hosted events
- Possess knowledge of adult and family literacy, health literacy, and workforce development issues and identify ways to strengthen and develop new partnerships
For full list of responsibilities and qualifications, go to https://wisconsinliteracy.org/position-openings/associate-director.html.
How to Apply:
The Benefits and Salary are as follows:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k) matching
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending account or health saving account
Salary will be commensurate with experience or in the range of $65,000 to $70,000 annually.
To apply, provide:
- a letter of interest outlining your education and experience as it relates to the job description;
- resume; and
- three professional references.
Send your application by email to email@example.com. You may also mail it to Michele Erikson, Wisconsin Literacy, 211 S. Paterson St. Suite 170, Madison, WI, 53703.
Deadline is December 1st.