Summary of Major Responsibilities
Incorporated in 2001, the Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that focuses exclusively on delivering support to the Madison Metropolitan School District’s 50 public schools; more than 5,000 staff; and 27,000 plus students. During its existence, the Foundation for has delivered more than $20.5 million in resources to Madison's public schools. The Foundation now seeks an Administrative Assistant, who will be responsible for providing administrative support to all Foundation staff, including support with event-related activities. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Operations & Finance Director, who will determine priorities and assignments.
This is a part-time, hourly non-exempt opportunity. This new position starts at 20 hours / week and has the potential to become a full-time role in the future.
Duties & Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Welcome guests and answer general Foundation phone line.
- Ensure overall Foundation office cleanliness and presentation.
- Maintain inventories, order office supplies and supply kitchenette.
- Monitor conference room cleanliness and supplies.
- Support staff meetings, prepare materials and handle follow up items.
- Assist the Executive Director with preparation for Executive, Resource Development and Advocacy Committee meetings and related activities.
- Assist the Marketing Director with preparation for Marketing Committee meetings, website updates and social media posts.
- Assist the Associate Director – Alumni Engagement with preparation for alumni events, website updates and social media posts
- Assist the Community Partnerships Director with preparation for Community Partnerships Committee meetings and related activities.
- Manage the assembly and delivery of office mailings, including weekly donor acknowledgement letters.
- Coordinate logistics and arrangements for board meetings with host site and Executive Director.
- Assist the Development Assistant with arrangements and tactical execution of donor meetings and cultivation events.
- Provide the Community Partnerships Director with tactical support for our annual A Principal Experience event and biannual Adopt-a-School summit.
- Support Circle of Friends activities as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
Please read the full position description, available at: https://fmps.org/staff/. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Please send materials by Monday, February 17th, to:
Donna L. Faulkner
Operations & Finance Director
The Foundation for Madison Public Schools is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.