The Prairie Enthusiasts is a grassroots nonprofit organization with a mission to educate about, protect and restore prairies and savannas of the Upper Midwest. Only a tiny fraction of these ecosystems remain, harboring specialized and endangered plants and animals in some of the rarest habitats on Earth. As an accredited land trust, The Prairie Enthusiasts strives to protect and steward these natural areas and to help others learn about their importance.
With 11 regional chapters in Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin, our mission is largely carried out by grassroots volunteers at the local level. Our Chapter Support team serves our Chapters and members and the vision established by our volunteer leaders.
We are hiring either a full-time or part-time accounting position for our Chapter Support team in our Viroqua, Wisconsin office. The position will work directly with our contract CPA and our internal Operations Coordinator.
- Bookkeeping, financial and accounting processes and procedures, such as General Ledger coding and reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Payroll, 1099’s, vendor records, etc.
- Cash management
- Budget management and reporting
- Financial reporting for the organization and Chapters
- Grant administration, tracking, and reporting
- Asset schedules
- Tracking donor restrictions
- Support for annual audit process
- Compliance with GAAP, Non-profit and Land Trust Accreditation standards and TPE policies
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years of accounting experience (nonprofit experience preferred)
- Quick Books Online & MS Excel experience (preferred)
- Strong communications skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work independently
How to Apply:
Interested in learning more?
Please contact Khristine Miller, Operations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and an introductory letter that shares why you are interested in working with The Prairie Enthusiasts and how this Accounting position is a fit for you.
The Prairie Enthusiasts is an Equal Opportunity Employer