The Prairie Enthusiasts is a grassroots nonprofit organization with a mission to educate about, protect and restore prairies and savannas of the Upper Midwest. Only a tiny fraction of these ecosystems remain, harboring specialized and endangered plants and animals in some of the rarest habitats on Earth. As an accredited land trust, The Prairie Enthusiasts strives to protect and steward these natural areas and to help others learn about their importance.
With 11 regional chapters in Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin, our mission is largely carried out by grassroots volunteers at the local level. Our Chapter Support team serves our Chapters and members and the vision established by our volunteer leaders.
Who we are seeking
We are hiring either a full-time or part-time accounting position for our Chapter Support team in our Viroqua, Wisconsin office. The position will work directly with our contract CPA and our internal Operations Coordinator.
- Bookkeeping, financial and accounting processes and procedures, such as General Ledger coding and reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Payroll, 1099’s, vendor records, etc.
- Cash management
- Budget management and reporting
- Financial reporting for the organization and Chapters
- Grant administration, tracking, and reporting
- Asset schedules
- Tracking donor restrictions
- Support for annual audit process
- Compliance with GAAP, Non-profit and Land Trust Accreditation standards and TPE policies
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years of accounting experience (nonprofit experience preferred)
- Quick Books Online & MS Excel experience (preferred)
- Strong communications skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work independently
What is it like to work for The Prairie Enthusiasts?
The culture of our Chapter Support team exemplifies the core values of The Prairie Enthusiasts:
Reverence for the Land
All that we are, and everything we do is deeply rooted in our love and respect for the Land – the communities of soils, water, plants, animals, and other living things, of which we are all a part.
The origins of the land are ancient. We are stewards of the present – the legacy entrusted to our care. Our actions will shape what is possible for future generations.
We are responsible for caring for the land. Everyone has a unique ability to contribute. By working together, we form bonds that make our community stronger than ourselves.
We honor wisdom and experience, science and the arts. We are seekers and teachers, sharing what we have learned and encouraging others to build on it.
We are committed to ensuring our team members are a good fit. We hire, fire, review, reward and recognize our team based on these values, so it is essential that candidates share them.
How to Apply:
Interested in learning more?
Please contact Khristine Miller, Operations Coordinator, at email@example.com with your resume and an introductory letter that shares why you are interested in working with The Prairie Enthusiasts and how this Accounting position is a fit for you.
The Prairie Enthusiasts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Prairie Enthusiasts
P.O. Box 824
Viroqua, WI 54665